Job Opportunity: Officer – OSPR (Office of Sponsored Programmes and Research), Lahore University of Management Sciences
To manage all Intellectual Property (IP) related matters, including patent filing and drafting for Office of Sponsored Programmes and Research (OSPR), and facilitate commercialization activities at LUMS.
- To provide assistance in patent/copyright/trademark filing with the IPO, Pakistan, USPTO and other patent offices worldwide.
- Assist in drafting of the patent specification to be filed on behalf of LUMS faculty.
- Must have the ability to foresee and handle all IP related conflicts and negotiations arising out of contractual agreements.
- To review and draft contracts including but not limited to Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) and service agreement contracts to be signed by and between LUMS and external stakeholders.
- Serve as resource person for OSPR to handle linkages and coordination with LUMS faculty, industry partners, investors and stakeholders.
- Regular communication with different government officials from HEC regarding funding opportunities for patenting.
- Follow up on opportunities for applied research and explore opportunities for technology transfer and the commercialization of university research (including incubators and research parks).
- Strong communication skills and ability to liaison with internal as well as external stakeholders.
- Manage and organize IP related events, workshops and seminars.
- Any other duties as assigned by the senior management.
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening communications skills.
- Effective written communications skills.
- In-depth knowledge of IP laws.
- Ability to draft and compile legal documents.
- Decision making skills.
- Time management skills.
- Committed with high energy.
- Team player.
Business hours may extend into the evenings and weekends depending on workload. Flexibility and commitment are necessary.
Bachelors in Law (LL.B) from a recognized institute.
In-depth knowledge of Pakistani laws with a specialized focus on IP laws.
1-2 years of relevant work experience.
Note: LUMS is an equal employment opportunity employer.