LHCBA Election Results 2017-18
Yesterday, on 25th February 2017, elections were held for the office bearers of Lahore High Court Bar Association for the year 2017-18. From across Punjab, 21481 lawyers were to vote in the elections and over 13000 of them were registered to vote through biometric machines. Elections were conducted with manual and biometric systems working together, with over 70 new biometric machines having been installed for election this year.
In light of the recent stream of terror attacks in Lahore, security throughout the day remained tight. Containers were used to block the roads around Lahore High Court. Police and security forces remained stationed around the area to ensure strict security measures.
The Results of the Elections 2017-18:
- Ch. Zulfiqar 3365 votes (Winner)
- Ramzan Ch. 2909 votes
- Aazir Lateef Khan 744 votes
- Khurram Lateef Khosa 741 votes
- Rashid Lodhi 4419 votes (Winner)
- Ch. Saleem 3276 votes
- Aamir Saeed Rawn 2396 votes (Winner)
- Hassan Iqbal Warraich 1881 votes
- Irfan Nasir Cheema 1510 votes
- Malik Zahid Aslam Awan 1310 votes
- Mian Muzafar Hussain 635 votes
- Zaheer Butt 3446 votes (Winner)
- Hafiz Allah Yar Sipra 2617 votes
- Intezar Hussain Kalyar 1648 votes
In 2016, Mr. Rana Zia Abdul Rehman of Hamid Khan’s Professional Group was declared winner of the election for President, while Mr. Ramzan Chaudhry of Asma Jahangir’s Independent Group remained runner-up. Mr. Sardar Tahir Shahbaz won the election for Vice President, Mr. Anas Ghazi for Secretary and Mr. Syed Asad Bukhari was elected as Finance Secretary.
As a collective group, the Lahore High Court Bar, previously known as the Lahore Bar, started sometime before 1892-93, and for the first time in 1893 elected its first President. In 1910, it was registered as a Bar Association.