Vacancy: Senior Legal Counsel Coca-Cola İçecek – Lahore
This position entails the following responsibilities:
- Our business runs based on the relationship with our customers and business partners which is based on mutually beneficial agreements and this job ensures establishment of such relationships through drafting agreements that are mutually beneficial as well as enable the Company to take maximum benefits under the business laws while avoiding violation of any regulatory laws of the land.
- Protect our reputation of being a responsible corporate citizen which in turn earns us the good will that makes us favourite brand of the consumers.
- To protect the business interests by ensuring statutory compliances, mitigating legal risks and exposure to business thus safeguarding reputation of the Company;
- To represent company in all legal matters, managing all legal aspects of transactions, acquisitions and regulatory matters having implications on the organization and overseeing the work of outside counsels;
- To provide comprehensive legal and compliance services to support to the country operations for achieving and securing business objectives at optimal legal costs.
Corporate & Commercial:
- Identify, assess and mitigate legal risks; safeguard the company’s assets, handle the legal aspects of commercial and corporate transactions in coordination with other departments of the company and coordinate with CCI where applicable.
- Drafting, vetting and standardization of various agreements (including commercial, services, supply chain, consultancy, toll filling, marketing, distribution, leases, financial facilities, human resource, administration etc.), Addenda, Amendments, MoUs, LoIs, Notices, Letters, Replies, Opinions etc
- Defend the company against third party claims and overall management of disputes;
- To manage and keep valid arrangements with the parent company.
- Correspond and interact with PSQCA, CCoP, SECP, SBP, BOI, Local Bodies etc.
- Foresee and evaluate risk associated with the commercial and other transactions and secure approvals from regulatory body concerned to safeguard and enhance the company’s reputation.
- Manage requisite statutory filings, assist in arranging BoD meetings, AGM, EGM, Minutes, Notices, Shareholder affairs, statutory records, right issue, allotment of shares and scrips etc. Maintenance and management of corporate registers.
- Legal, corporate and commercial due diligence for acquisitions and development projects and handle the legal aspects of development projects
- Acquisition of lands, warehouses and/or sales centres and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders
- Preparation of project documents including EPC, consultancy, project management, turnkey and capacity enhancement;
Policies, Procedures, SOPs & Compliances:
- Providing legal assistance to all internal stakeholders in regards to development/revision of internal policies, procedures and SOPS which ensure overall transparency, efficiency and risk mitigation;
- Design and lead the implementation of electronic and manual database system;
- Ensure that company is compliant to all applicable laws & regulations and provide legal advice and guidelines across territories.
- Draft/vet internal and external information, publications,
- Management of domestic and international auditors’ observations and devise action plans to enhance level of compliances
- Leading the nationwide disciplinary proceedings pertaining to misconduct of employees.
Training & Development:
- Spearhead nationwide trainings and refresher sessions on code of ethics, workplace rights and provide guidelines;
- Supervise junior counsel(s) in respect of pending and threatened litigation at various forums relating to labour affairs, employment matters, taxation, consumer, tribunals etc.
- Candidly weigh and assess risks of various course of action to ensure compliance with legal mandates.
Taxation & Miscellaneous:
- Guide junior counsel(s) in providing support to tax department, managing publicity and other tax matters.
- Appearance before various fora to represent company.
- Provide nationwide legal and commercial support and assist in responding to queries from various departments of CCI and TCCEC/TCCC.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)
- 5 years with corporate law firms and/or as in-house counsel
- 5+ years with corporate law firms. In-house experience with litigation oversight would be a plus.
- Computer: MS Office and typing
- Able to work independently
- Legal Drafting
- Interpersonal communications
- Able to work under pressure and for extended hours without losing quality of assignment(s)
- Analytical and strategy planning
- In-house, with extensive interaction with all the departments
- External, in all weather conditions requiring visits to courts, tribunals, local government offices, territories and market, etc.
Other (driving licence, certificate):
- Advocate High Court
- Driving license preferred
- Understanding of local legal and administrative setup
- Analysis, interpretation and application of laws and legal instruments
- Legal research and opinion writing
- Risk(s) evaluation and impact thereof
- Practical knowledge and experience of the legal and judicial system of Pakistan
About this company
Coca-Cola İçecek (CCI) is the 5th largest bottler in the Coca-Cola System in terms of sales volume. CCI produces, distributes and sells sparkling and still beverages of The Coca-Cola Company (TCCC) across Azerbaijan, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkey and Turkmenistan.
CCI employs over 10,000 people and has a total of 25 plants, offering a wide range of beverages to a consumer base of close to 380 million people. In addition to sparkling beverages, the product portfolio includes juice, water, sports and energy drinks, tea and iced teas.
CCI’s shares are traded on Borsa Istanbul (BIST) under “CCOLA.IS”, American depositary receipts (ADR) are traded over the counter in the United States under “COLAY”, Eurobond is traded on Irish Stock Exchange under “CCOLAT” tickers.
To apply, visit: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/83076503?refId=879258d0-601d-4c83-96cf-1b9d18b88a9d&trk=jobs_home_click_jymbii