Legal Affairs Executive – Corporate Law & Contracts – Telenor
Employment type: Full-time
Job function: Legal
Why should you join Telenor:
At Telenor Pakistan, we give you the opportunity to become a skilled professional in your chosen field of interest. Being rated as the top employer of the country, we enable you to realize your dreams in an environment of diversity and openness to new mindsets.
To support Legal Team in operational matters and assist the team lead to draft, negotiate and review all general and telecom specific contracts.
- To protect Company’s interest
- Advise company with respect to potential legal exposure involved in commercial arrangements/Projects.
Your Typical Day at work:
Should be able to independently handle corporate legal affairs of the company mainly in the following areas:
- Draft, negotiate and review all general and telecom specific contracts.
- Provide opinions and strategic advice to internal stakeholders on issues having legal implications.
- Provide support on telecom regulatory matters including PTA, CCP and SBP related matters.
- Should be able to assist in corporate matters including SECP and corporate governance matters.
- All legal matters as assigned by the Director/Manager Legal from time to time.
- To provide legal support in Company’s strategic projects.
- Analysing legal propositions under different scenarios and coming up with practical solutions.
- Should have capabilities to minimize company’s overall legal exposure and adapting proactive approach in doing so.
- Should be able to deal with government/regulatory bodies independently and ensure compliance thereof.
- Should be able to work under pressure and responding to legal queries within specified time.
- To ensure compliance with the latest developments in all applicable areas of law.
- To manage protection of the company’s intellectual property rights and take anti counterfeit measures when necessary.
- To ensure compliance with all prescribed policies of the company.
- Legal research
Potential Career Path:
Depending upon the candidate’s potential and interest, vertical move within the department; i.e. Assistant Manager Legal Affiars
Desired Skills and Experience
- LLB from a reputable university
- A foreign Masters degree/LLM/BPTC may be considered an added advantage
- Experience of either a reputable law firm specializing in corporate/commercial law matters or an in-house legal department of a large corporation / MNC.
- Should have experiece or knowledge of telecom industry legal activities.
Functional Skills/ Knowledge Areas:
- Should have the experience and competence to be able to perform his/her duties with reasonable degree of empowerment
- Will be expected/ required to interact and work with multidisciplinary teams
- Should be able to handle the affairs so assigned independently and further delegate effectively
- Should be able to work under pressure while maintaining the quality of work
- Strong negotiating and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills in English (both verbal & written)
- Excellent computer knowledge in Microsoft office products
- Good team management and leadership skills