2 Former Bangladesh Judges Become Members of the Permanent Court of Arbitration
For the first time Bangladeshi judges, Former Chief Justice M Tofazzal Islam and former High Court Judge M Awlad Ali, have been made members of the Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA). Both the judges are well experienced in their field.
The International Bureau of the PCA has welcomed the appointments of the Bangladeshi judges for the next six years in line with Article 44 of the 1907 Hague Convention for the Pacific Settlement of International Disputes.
The PCA, which situated in The Hague, is an intergovernmental organisation with 117 member states. Established in 1899, the PCA provides services for the resolution of disputes involving states, state entities, intergovernmental organisations and private parties.