The Supreme Court of Pakistan invites applications from interested candidates for 13 positions of Law Clerk. A law clerk, under the direction of the Hon’ble Judge for whom the clerk works, shall research points of law, prepare memoranda of facts and law and generally assist the Judge as required. Law Clerks shall work for a period of 1 year commencing in September as part of the Supreme Court’s Law Clerkship Program, which period may be extended by another year subject to certain conditions. Law Clerks shall receive a monthly stipend of Rs. 60,000/.
- Possess a law degree from a recognized Pakistani university or its equivalent.
- Have completed the law degree no more than two years ago
- Be a citizen of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan
- Be not more than 30 years of age;
- A CV (maximum 2 pages)
- A copy of the official transcript of grades obtained in law school and a photocopy of the applicant’s law degree.
- Three letters of recommendation. These recommendations may be either from professors at the University from which the applicant has obtained the law degree or from members of the bar with whom the applicant has worked.
- Three writing samples that demonstrate the applicant’s skill at legal reasoning and writing and/or the applicant’s knowledge of Pakistani law. Each of the submitted writing samples should be of a maximum of 3,000 words.
The deadline for submitting applications is 24th July 2015. Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
Applications should be marked “Clerkship Application 2015-2016” and sent by courier to the following address: