Vacancy: Senior Manager Legal (Litigation & Labor Affairs) PTCL Karachi
Purpose of Position:
- SM Legal manages Commercial, Civil and Criminal, labour, land Litigation.
- Formulates Strategies to conform to Legal requirements, Coordinates with region regarding court proceedings and communicates status of cases.
- Prepares Legal report and Provides Legal advice on handling litigation involving the company.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for Commercial, Civil and Criminal Litigation.
- Handles Wafaqi Mohtasib issues.
- Examine the cases and identifies key legal issues.
- Profiling of similar or related cases.
Prepare legal reports
- Drafts, reviews, and revises various company documents.
- Prepare legal correspondence.
- Vets the petition’s/written statements etc.
Coordination with outside counsel
- Assess the need for and role of outside counsel.
- Arranges information required by external lawyers and ensures attendance at the courts of the company’s officials, if required in consultation with GM (Litigation).
- Deals with internal and external auditors.
- Formulate strategy according to the company policies and procedures to conform to legal requirements that are agreed upon by the management, in house legal department and the outside counsel.
Liaison with Regions
- Follow up/Monitoring of Litigation at regional level.
- Liaison with regions regarding Progress of Cases.
- Checking the authenticity and discrepancies of the cases from the regions.
Provides Legal advice
- Provides legal advice and counsel on handling litigation and other legal matters involving the company.
Communicates status of Cases
- Keeps higher management fully informed of all new developments in corporate legal matters, and keeps all levels of management informed of applicable new laws and of the progress and results of court cases all over the country.
- Ensure compliance with budgets, targets, and deadlines through the implementation of cost-efficient controls.
- Ensure compliance with legal and ethical standards.
Undertake performance management
- Monitor and evaluate reporting employees.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 6 to 10 years experience in Litigation & Labor Affairs.
- Prior legal services experience.
- Advanced degree in Law.(LLB-Hons. / LLM)
About This Company
To be the leading Information and Communication Technology Service Provider in the region by achieving customer satisfaction and maximizing shareholders’ value’.
To achieve our vision by having:
An organizational environment that fosters professionalism, motivation and quality
An environment that is cost effective and quality conscious
Services that are based on the most optimum technology
“Quality” and “Time” conscious customer service
Sustained growth in earnings and profitability
Loyalty to the company
PTCL is all set to redefine the established boundaries of the telecommunication market and is shifting the productivity frontier to new heights. Today, for millions of people, we demand instant access to new products and ideas. More importantly we want them for their better living standards with increased values in this ever-shrinking globe of ours. We are setting free the spirit of innovation.
PTCL is going to be your first choice in the future as well, just as it has been over the past six decades.
To apply visit: