Training Experts For Lawyers and Judges Required
The European Union Punjab Access to Justice Project (EU-PA2J) will train 2,500 or more district lawyers in Multan, Bahawalpur and Muzaffargarh on a range of topics highlighted by a Training Needs Assessment and baseline household survey. Training approaches will be innovative and interactive, based on best international practice, not lectures or question-and-response. Topics will include practical skills, procedural law, and substantive law on family issues, property matters, and other themes. Training Experts will develop and conduct 10 rounds of training sessions. Each round of training will include about 10 sessions with approximately 25 district lawyers in each session. Sessions will be approximately three hours in duration and take place in the afternoons, after court hours.
The project also will offer training courses for judges. All details about judicial training will be determined in cooperation with the Lahore High Court and Punjab Judicial Academy (PJA).
Number of Consultant Days
Trainers for lawyers and trainers for judges will be hired for a maximum of approximately 100 billable consultant days during one calendar year from March 2016 to March 2017. Trainers for lawyers must be available to travel to southern Punjab for 7-day rounds of training.
- Training preparations can take place in Lahore or remotely.
- All training for lawyers will take place in Multan, Bahawalpur, and Muzaffargarh. Training for judges will take place at the PJA.
- Detailed Lesson Plans and training materials for each topic
- Knowledge Tests and Training Evaluation Forms from each session
- Photos and Attendance Sheets from each session
- The Training Experts should have the following educational background and professional experience:
- Law degree (LL.B or JD); Master’s in Law (LL.M) strongly preferred
- At least 10 years relevant professional experience, including in Punjab
- Experience practicing law, especially in Punjab
- Demonstrated senior-level training ability, especially for lawyers and/or judges
- Experience designing training course agenda/curricula and training materials
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Pakistani justice sector institutions, structures, operations and procedures at provincial and district levels
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills in English and Urdu
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Power Point
- Ability to represent the project with senior judiciary, bar representatives, and other key stakeholders in Lahore and project districts in south Punjab.
Industry: Law Firms/Legal
Functional Area: Teachers/Education, Training & Development
Total Positions: 4
Job Type: Freelance (First Shift (Day))
Job Location: Zaman Park, Lahore, Pakistan
Gender: Doesn’t Matter
Age: 30 – 70 Year
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Degree Title: LL.B
Career Level: Experienced Professional
Minimum Experience: 10 Years (Training Expertise)
Apply By: Feb 24, 2016
If you fit the above criteria, please send your CV and apply at: http://www.rozee.pk/eu-punjab-access-to-justice-project-training-experts-lawyers-and-judges-lahore-jobs-412168.php