Job Opening: Policy And Advocacy Officer At Justice Project Pakistan (JPP)
Justice Project Pakistan is a human rights organisation that provides legal assistance to the most vulnerable prisoners facing the harshest punishments.
The Policy and Advocacy Officer will assist the Advocacy Manager in designing and implementing advocacy strategies for the following thematic areas:
- abolition of the the death penalty in Pakistan,
- migrant workers imprisoned abroad,
- police torture,
- juvenile justice in Pakistan,
- mentally ill and physically disabled prisoners.
The Advocacy Officer will also work closely on the thematic issues outlined above and keep them on the agenda of the United Nations (UN), European Union (EU), international NGOs (INGOs) and other national and international human rights mechanisms. He/she will also be responsible for forming strategic partnerships with policy and opinion makers and create communication material, including newsletters and policy briefings.
- an undergraduate degree in law, international relations (IR) , political science, or any related area,
- excellent writing and communication skills in English,
- relevant work experience is a plus,
- willingness to travel domestically and internationally,
- based in or willing to relocate to Lahore.
Interested candidates are requested to send in their CV along with a one page cover letter to: [email protected] and [email protected]
I want to work for welfare poor people in Pakistan